Saturday 18 January 2014

Foundation Brush Comparison / ELF vs Real Techniques


There are so many different foundation brushes made by so many different brands that in the grand scheme of things I really haven't tried that many. So even though I'm not experienced enough to tell you which brands to buy brushes from, although I am a big fan of the ones I use, I can tell you which types of brushes I prefer. 


First is a foundation brush by Real Techniques which you can purchase in the core collection. Personally, I would never use this brush to apply foundation as its too small and I don't think it blends well. However, I do use this brush daily to apply my concealer to both blemishes and my under-eyes. It's much better when used on small areas rather than my whole face. However if you like really precise foundation and are willing to spend more time on it, then this brush could work for you.


Next is the angled foundation brush by ELF and this is actually the first foundation brush I bought. It's definitely bigger than the previous one so it applys foundation a lot more smoothly in my opinion, and I've had no issues with it. I used this brush for a few months until I found one I preferred, so for starting off with makeup when you're not quite sure which style of brush you'll like, this ones a winner. Currently I use it to apply face primer so it's definitely a multi-purchase brush.


Finally is the buffing brush, which can be bought with the foundation brush in the core collection by Real Techniques, and it has changed my life. I love it! There's a lot more bristles on this brush than the others and its got a much larger top. It blends foundation in so well and I'm never left with any lines or uneven patches. I would 100% recommend this brush to anyone. I know this brush is spoken about so much in blogs and YouTube videos that I'm pretty sure that most people interested in makeup will own it, but if you don't you're really missing out. 

I feel like I own a range of foundation brushes, but are there any I haven't mentioned that you would recommend? Have you tried any of the brushes I've mentioned and have a different opinion? I'm always open to different views.



No comments:

Post a Comment