Wednesday 15 January 2014

ELF Mist & Set / Review


I have always wanted to buy the ELF Mist&Set but it forever seemed to be out of stock. This was only the first time when I've been placing my order that it hasn't been sold out, so I took advantage of the situation and purchased my first ever bottle. I'd recommend that you buy more than 1 bottle of it in your order, but it depends on how often you buy from ELF. 

The bottle that the spray is stored in, although the colour makes it look quite thick, actually feels very cheap and thin; however with a price of just £3.75, it's not the packaging that you're paying for. The bottle definitely looks a higher standard than it is. Honestly, I don't mind that it doesn't feel very expensive as it makes me think that all my money is paying for the quality of the product.

At first, I was a bit apprehensive about spraying a liquid onto makeup that I'd just applied but in the end I just decided to go for it, and I'm glad I did. I hold the bottle about 30cm away from me and spray it twice, which for me covers my entire face. For a few seconds it feels really unusual as its quite an odd sensation to wet your face after applying makeup, but it quickly dries and the makeup underneath doesn't look any different. 

ELF claims that the spray will 'keep your makeup in place all day' which for the most part I would agree with. This product does help your makeup to last longer, but it depends on your definition of all day to whether that's how long it lasts. What I will say is that my makeup lasts significantly longer when I have sprayed this on my face than when I haven't. It blends well with my makeup and doesn't create a separate layer on top so I will continue to wear it until it runs out and then will probably be repurchasing it.

Have you tried the ELF Makeup Mist&Set Spray or any similar products? What's your opinion?




No comments:

Post a Comment