Sunday 5 January 2014

ELF Cosmetics Haul / January 2014

I'm not usually the type of person who gets caught up in the Boxing Day sales, in fact I usually hate the whole concept, but I have to admit that this Christmas I was definitely looking forward to the ELF Cosmetics Boxing Day sale. 

I've recently started being more adventurous with my makeup by experimenting with a smokey eye look, but in order to do it well I needed some eyeshadow brushes, which is where this haul comes in. I've heard mixed reviews about the ELF brushes so I was reluctant to pay the full price for them, even if that price is only a few quid each, and this sale came at just the right time. 


The first thing I needed to buy was 2 blending eye brushes (here), they're pretty much a staple for anyone who is interested in eye makeup. I am yet to try any of the things I purchased, but I'm sure these brushes won't disappoint as they feel a lot more substantial than I was expecting them to. 

I also bought a defining eye brush (here) which, although it is thinner than I had anticipated, it makes it the perfect size to fit in the crease. It could even be used to apply eyeshadow in the place of eyeliner to create an even smokier eye look. 

The final eye brush I bought was the eyeshadow 'c' brush (here). It looks like it will be great for packing colour onto the lid, but it also seems soft enough to be used for subtle blending. 

All of these brushes will be amazing to use, to the one I was most looking forward to receiving was the small stipple brush (here).


I'm not sure if a brush can be classed as cute, but if it can, this one definitely is! It's the perfect size for applying blusher, bronzer, a highlight, or maybe even foundation. I wouldn't recommend using it to powder your face as in my opinion you need a bigger brush to dust your face, but this brush really is multi-purpose.

I did purchase a few actual makeup products in this order, but I will write a post on them after I have used them and feel I can give a more in depth review. I will also be posting a follow up to this when I have used the brushes I've mentioned and can give a more personal opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment