Saturday 1 February 2014

The Month Of January / 2014


January has been such a busy month for me even though the pictures I've taken might not show it. It honestly feels like I haven't had a day to myself, just relaxing, since the Christmas holidays, and although that was only a month ago I find it important to have a day off the stress of school every once in a while. 
When I started thinking about everything that's happened to me during January I actually couldn't believe that so many things could fit into one month! On my second day back at school after the holidays I had to start my exam prep work for art and was told that I've only got 2 months between starting it and doing the 10 hour long exam in mid March, I always work really slowly in art so even now I'm wondering how I'm going to complete it. 
Thursday the 9th was probably one of the highlights for me this month as I received my results for the English Language exam I sat in November. The exam board decided to change the setup of this exam during the summer, which is when everyone in my year group was already halfway through the course so for parts of our work to count we had to sit the exam about 6 months early. I ended up with an A which I'm so proud of, I put so much time and effort into it and I'm so glad it paid off. 
However, then I had to focus on the mock exam week where I had to do at least one exam for all of my GCSE subjects. It was by far the most stressed I've ever been, I actually really surprised myself. I never get nervous for exams, I've sat a few proper exams before and I've never felt butterflies in my stomach beforehand, and I still didn't feel them during my mock week. It was at home that I got the most anxious, even though I didn't realise it at the time. I'm pretty confident I've passed them all as its very rare that I get below a C, but I know that I need to try so much harder in May/June. Although I really hated that week, I feel a lot more prepared for my real exams. 
It's crazy to think that my exams will have started in under 3 and a half months, but I've had to start looking beyond that to prom. And I've found my prom dress. I haven't bought it yet as I'm scared that being too organised could end up bad, but I feel so much happier now I've found a dress that I do like. 

I really hope that February is a less crazy month, but I know that as the time until my exams decreases, my life is only going to get busier. Do you have any tips for coping with the stress of exams?

No comments:

Post a Comment