Sunday 9 February 2014

Collection Shimmer Shades / Review


I feel like I've had this quad forever, I used to wear it all the time until for some reason I stopped and then rediscovered it in the back of my drawer earlier this week. This product is made by Collection and is around £4 so that works out at £1 per shade which is such a good deal, especially for the quality that you get. I've never tried a high-end blush so I can't compare it to a more well known product, but compared to what I know it's well pigmented. 


I think the range of colours is good as there's a highlight shade, a bronze, a peachy pink, and a darker bronze. I'm really bad at knowing the tone of a product, but I'm pretty sure that these are warm toned which is why I'd recommend them for a tanned skin tone. I wear NC20 and I have to be quite wary of the amount I apply as it can look fake, but like most blushers if you apply to correct amount it looks natural.
On a normal day I wear either of the 2 right hand side shades (ring and middle finger swatches) depending on the look I want to go for; the bronze makes me looked more tanned so I use it on my cheekbones, but the peach shade makes me look flushed so I use to it add more colour to my face.
In my opinion the least pigmented shade is the pale highlighting shade but the shimmer does come through so I suppose it does its job. My least worn shade is the darkest as I can't find a way to wear it that's natural, it's too shimmery for a contour, but it's too dark to be worn on the cheeks.

I still really love this quad and will continue to wear it until I discover or rediscover a new favourite. I'd be really interested in trying the quad of 4 pink blush shades they do called Blushalicious.

Have you tried this way-to-glow quad by Collection or the other one they sell called Blushalicious? What do you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment