Wednesday 25 June 2014

#BeautyDaysOfSummer / Summer Tanning



It's week 2 of the challenge, and this post's focus is on tanning. I am a naturally tanned person (I wear NC20) and have always been the most tanned one out of my group of friends; because of this, I've never felt the need to fake tan. I know that recently fake tanning has become really popular and most girls now fake tan regularly, but I continue to think that it does look fake and isn't flattering. 

I was struggling to think of ideas for this post until the other day when I watched a YouTube video by Gaby aka velvetgh0st called 'My Beach Bag Essentials'. Towards the end of the video she discussed tanning and advised girls to fake tan rather than get a natural tan and risk skin damage. I personally think that this is the wrong message to give to teenage girls. People always seem to be complaining that girls are becoming fake so why would you encourage it? I'm not sure if I'm the only one who feels like this, I'd really like to know your opinion on the topic but I think fake tan should always be a last resort and should never be favoured over a natural suntan. 

I'm sorry for the short post, but I'm not sure any of you would have continued to read it if my ranting was any longer. Please watch Gaby's video and see if you think she is giving her viewers the right message. 



No comments:

Post a Comment