Wednesday 18 June 2014

Primark Haul / April 2014

Over the Easter holidays I decided that it was time to start buying summer clothes for my holiday in August. This year I'm going to Phoenix, Arizona which is going to be boiling hot, so I've tried to buy lightweight clothes that won't add to the heat. Please note that even though it might seem like I've bought too much, I've gone down two sizes in the past year so most of my old summer clothes don't fit me.

Bikini set - £6
Bikini top - £6 / Bikini bottoms - £4

Bikini's are obviously an essential for a summer holiday and for me it's important to have at least two, preferably different styles, to try and eliminate some tan lines. The first one is definitely my signature bikini style as its the type I've worn for the past few years, the top is a twisted bandeau with removable straps and normal bottoms. Although I don't think strapless bikinis are as flattering, they're a must for tanning at the pool or beach. I also bought a normal bikini (picture 2) which is more of a traditional bikini. On the hanger it said that the top was push-up, but to me it just seems well padded and doesn't make your boobs look like they're popping out.

Jade Shorts - £3
White Shorts - £3
Grey Shorts - £5

I also picked up 3 pairs of shorts in colours that will hopefully go well with my bikinis and vest tops. During the day on holiday I prefer to wear shorts while walking around because the heat plus my thighs can make them quite sore, which I really don't want. 

Beach Dresses - £5 each

My sister pointed these out to me and I fell in love! They had quite a few colours and styles to choose from so it was difficult to limit myself to only two, but I'm pleased with the two I picked. These will be perfect for when we go out for a casual meal, like to a diner, so it's more dressed up than shorts but isn't a full on dress which will make me overheat. The only negative I can find about these dresses is that the top half of the first dress has got gaps in so you can see your bra through it, but one of my bikinis is a similar colour to the dress so I'm hoping that will eliminate the problem. 

Sandals - £6

I was in need of some flat shoes to wear for walking around in America, I've got some slip-on sandals for walking by the pool so I decided that I needed a different pair for meals ect. I've seen so many shoes with the strap around the ankle and I've finally caved in and bought some, but I think the strap looks quite stylish on these when it can sometimes not really match the shoe. I have tiny size three feet so I was really happy when I saw that primark actually did my size.

Bra and Underwear Set - £3
Bra with removable straps - £4

I know that for some reason people don't like seeing underwear on blogs or in YouTube videos, but I find it really interesting to see the styles of bras people wear, and if that makes me weird then so be it. The top set does come with matching knickers but they were in the wash when I took these pictures. This is the first 'pretty' bra I own, all of my others are just plain black or white so purchasing this set was quite a big milestone for me. The only downside I can find isn't going to be a problem for most other girls, it's just that even though the straps are adjustable, they don't go tight enough to fit properly on my tiny shoulders; I'll still wear it, I'll just have to be careful that nothing slips out. 
However, I don't have this problem with the second bra as the straps easily tighten enough to fit my shoulders and even smaller. I'm really impressed with this bra as its got three rows of three clasps on the back so it fits its purpose and is secure enough to wear without the straps.

Necklace - £3 Rings - £2.50

I've bought my first ever primark jewellery! My sister has a necklace similar to this one that I keep borrowing so I decided to buy myself one. I haven't worn it yet but it seems like it will be easy to style. I also bought a pack of rings which contains 12 different styles. I chose to get mine in a medium, which fit fine but are too big to be worn as midi-rings

Aztec skirt - £6

I couldn't resist buying this skirt, it's so perfect for summer holidays or even warm weather in England. It comes with a thin belt and has buttons down the middle. I love the colours and the pattern, I think it will look quite good with my dark hair so maybe I'll do a blog post on how I style it.

I also bought two tank tops from primark, one in a medium pink called lipstick and one in black. They cost £2.50 each and like the vest tops I've bought previously they are quite long.

Boob tube - £4

I purchased this top from Matalan and I think the pattern is amazing. Even though it is a bit dark, the colour on it matched with some lighter shorts will look really cool. I bought tops similar to this one from Matalan before and I really like the fit.

Kaftan - £12

Finally I went to Select and bought this Aztec fringed lace kaftan to wear over my bikini. My dad initially showed me it in a bright orange/pink but I thought that would clash with my bikinis so opted for the safer white version. The cutout detailing and the fringing makes the shapeless dress look more flattering and I love the way it looks with a bikini underneath. 

That is it for my haul. This will probably be my last blog post for a few months as my exams are only three or so weeks away and they're my priority.
Please let me know if you would be interested to see how I style any of these items, or even give me some suggestions. 




No comments:

Post a Comment