Monday 16 June 2014

#BeautyDaysOfSummer / Summer Skincare



During the summer I try not to use products that feel too heavy on my skin, like moisturisers that feel really wet or a mask that will dry out my skin, of course there will be the occasional day when I will need the extra moisture but I try to avoid adding too many products to my skin.
Here are the four basic products that I use throughout the warmer months, however what I use isn't set in stone as on some days my skin will need more or less attention.


This is my Skincare as if I was wearing makeup throughout the day, as I use significantly less products when I'm not wearing makeup.

To start with I dot some of the Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser all over my face and rub it in using an oval cotton pad in circular motions. I have oily skin but I find that this hydrates my skin without adding any extra oil or stickiness to my face which is a huge plus for me. However if you have dry skin this might not work as well for you so you might want to try a more heavy duty moisturiser. 

I take off my makeup on a night with either a face wipe or an in shower cleanser, these are bought and used out of convenience rather than for quality.

I then remove any makeup left on my face with the Simple Kind To Skin Purifying Cleansing Lotion using the same method as I did with the moisturiser. The consistency of the cleanser is thicker than most others which I why I like it so much, it feels like it's being worked into my skin rather than just sitting on top of it. 

To get rid of any excess product on my face I use the Simple Kind To Skin Soothing Facial Toner, I really like this product but a toner is a toner so it's nothing special.

Once a week I use The Bodyshop Shea Butter or a similar face mask to give my face a deep clean. I prefer exfoliating masks as I feel like they're doing more, but again I only like them because my skin is oily. I do feel like the Shea butter adds a lot of oil to my face which is why I don't use it everyday.


I hope it has been useful for you to see which Skincare products I use throughout summer, this post is part of an ongoing series with other beauty bloggers called #BeautyDaysOfSummer so make sure you search the hashtag on twitter to get involved and read the other posts which will be posted every Wednesday at 6pm.

1 comment:

  1. Loved the post Amy! I'd loved to try out some simple products, can't quite believe I haven't yet! Looking forward to next week's post about Tanning :)

    Lydia x
    blusherandbronze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete