Wednesday 2 July 2014

#BeautyDaysOfSummer / Base Makeup

During the summer the base for my makeup depends to vary on the weather and what I'm doing so I have 3 products which I currently use.


As you can probably tell from the picture, I love Rimmel products. I don't know why, it's just my favourite brand for most products so quite a lot of my makeup is Rimmel.

On days where I'm going out but it's unlikely that I'll see anyone I know, for example going to the supermarket, I'll wear the BB Cream. It's very lightweight so is good for the days I don't want much coverage or to look like I'm wearing a full face of makeup. I'm slightly disappointed with the colour range as the last time I checked there was only 3 shades available, but you can't really notice you're wearing anything when it's on so having the wrong shade wouldn't matter.

I don't really have an opinion on the Match Perfection, it's the first foundation I bought and is slightly too dark for me, however it does its job but is pretty average. I won't repurchase it but I get it in my makeup draw for after my summer holidays when I need a darker foundation. I would say it is light to medium coverage with quite a dewy finish.

Finally is my current favourite foundation, the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation...it's amazing. I've put off buying it for so long as I usually prefer a matte look but since I've been wearing it, it is much less dewy than I thought it would be and provides a good amount of coverage. I still wear a powder with it just to be on the safe side, but I could probably get away without one. 

This is definitely the best base product for the summer that I've found so far from the drugstore but I'd be interested to know which foundations or BB Creams you use.

No comments:

Post a Comment