Tuesday 8 July 2014

#BeautyDaysOfSummer / Summer Eyes


It's week 4 of the beauty days of summer challenge and the topic today is summer eyes. It doesn't really feel like summer in England yet as our 2 weeks of sun seems to have passed, so I'm basing this post on what I would wear in warm weather, rather than what eye makeup I'm currently wearing.

When it gets hot, like everyone else, I sweat. There's nothing you can do to avoid it. So I try and wear less makeup on my eyes so that there is less makeup to smudge. I can't go without mascara so I still wear that, but I try and wear a waterproof mascara when possible so that it isn't as affected by the heat. I also continue to wear pencil eyeliner in my waterline and lower lash line to define my eyes. However I don't wear liquid liner on my upper lash line because my eyelids tend to get quite oily so there's the risk of the eyeliner transferring itself up my eyes. I don't wear eyeshadow either for similar reasons during summer, but I might wear it on a night if I'm going out when the weather is likely to be cooler. 

At the moment I don't have any specific products that I use on my eyes as I've recently bought some new products to try out. What are your holy grail summer eye products?

No comments:

Post a Comment